The Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba, in collaboration with the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, has a number of funding opportunities for researchers and students involved in child health research-related studies.
We support excellence and innovation in pediatric research by providing funds for:
- Operating grants
- Travel grants
- Small grants
- Undergraduate summer studentships
2022 CHRIM Fall Grant Competitions
Note: Travel Grant Details for October 2022 Applications:
Now that CHRIM travel grants are up and running again we have received a number of inquiries regarding funding for travel occurring in October and November.
Because of the short notice of CHRIM resuming travel grants this fall, we are waiving the requirement to submit applications at least one full review cycle in advance.
Therefore, applications received by the October deadline will honour travel occurring in all of October 2022 and November 2022.
Please note this is a one-time waiver only and applications for the next deadline (November) must abide by the rules outlined in the Grants and Awards Guide.
Deadlines are as follows:
- Small Grants: First Friday in October. Results to be announced mid-December.
- Pediatric Residents Small Grants: First Friday in October. Results to be announced mid-December.
- Travel Grants: First business day of the month. Results to be announced within 3 weeks of deadline.
Grant Reporting Forms
CHRIM also partners with other organizations by providing matching funding in the following competitions:
University of Manitoba:
- BSc Medicine studentships
- BSc Dentistry studentships
- Graduate studentships
- Post-doctoral fellowships
- New investigator operating grants
The Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program (CCHCSP)
- Pre-doctoral awards
- Post-doctoral awards
- Career development awards
These competitions are managed and adjudicated by our partner organizations.