2021 Operating Grant Competitions
The Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba, in collaboration with the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, has a number of funding opportunities for researchers and students involved in child health research related studies.
The Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba is pleased to announce the majority of the 2021 competitions will move forward. The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant financial impact on the Institute over the past year. As a result:
- Operating grant awards have been reduced to $50,000 and a total of 8 grants will be awarded for this competition
- Travel grant competitions will remain suspended until further notice
Complete information on funding opportunities, including deadlines and details of the application process, can be found in the following 2021 Grants and Awards Guide:
We support excellence and innovation in pediatric research by providing funds for grants and studentships. Forms and applications are listed below:
- Letter of Intent: deadline: March 5, 2021
- Operating Grant Application: Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Small Grants Application: DEADLINE OVER
This special call will consider applications for funds to support any aspect of research involving hereditary genetic, metabolic disorders and pediatric oncology, both qualitative and quantitative in nature (salary support for Principal
Investigator is NOT an eligible request). Awards will be for one year up to a value of $5,000 and will follow the same process as for all Small Grants as outlined in the Grants and Awards Guide. The Grants and Awards Committee, using the established criteria, will evaluate these applications. This special call is over and above the regular annual Small Grant Competition (held in October).
- Pediatric Resident Application: DEADLINE OVER
- Undergraduate Summer Studentships and PIKE-NET Undergraduate Summer Studentships Application: DEADLINE OVER
- Travel Grant Application (suspended until further notice)
Questions about the content of the guide can be directed to email@example.com.
CHRIM also partners with other organizations by providing matching funding in the following competitions:
University of Manitoba:
- BSc Medicine studentships
- BSc Dentistry studentships
- Graduate studentships
- Post-doctoral fellowships
- New investigator operating grants
The Canadian Child Health Clinician Scientist Program (CCHCSP)
- Pre-doctoral awards
- Post-doctoral awards
- Career development awards
These competitions are managed and adjudicated by our partner organizations.