Magimairajan Issai Vanan
MD, MPH, FAAP
- Accepting Students: Yes
- Research Category: Childhood Diseases
Pediatric Neuro-Oncologist, Cancer Care Manitoba
Scientist, Cancer Care Manitoba Research Institute,
Assistant Professor, Pediatrics and Child Health, University of Manitoba.
Investigator, Children's Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba (CHRIM)
1) Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Fellowship, Cohen Children's Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY, USA.
2) Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Fellowship, Cohen Children's Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY, USA.
3) Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Pediatrics: BUHMC, Brooklyn, NY, USA.
4) Doctor of Medicine (MD) in Pediatrics: Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, India.
5) Master's in Public Health (MPH), Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
6) Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), Bangalore Medical college and Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
My research areas include:
1) Basic Science: focusing on therapeutic sensitization of pediatric brain tumors
(RT / chemo), Neuro therapeutics (BBB permeability / novel drug delivery methods)
2) Translational research: special emphasis on precision medicine, targeted therapies.
3) Clinical research: to lessen adverse effects of brain tumor therapies.
1) Modulation of BBB permeability using HAV peptides to improve therapeutic efficacy in DMG-Pons.
2) Analysis of nuclear architecture in DMG-P